Today I had an IEP and a parent said to me "My son read a poster on a window the other day, when I asked him how he learnt those words, he said Minecraft" I did a silent cheer of success!
Minecraft for me has gone from digging holes and creating havoc to a educational driven passion.
I am excited about the range of learning opportunities this tool provides. I am not going to call it a 'game' because for me and my class it is so much more!
I decided to undertake my own inquiry last year. I had a year 7/8 class with around 50% being keen Minecrafters and 10% experts. By the end of the year I could say I had 95% keen Minecrafters and 50% experts.
This year at week 3 I have already got 5 or 6 students bursting at the seams to get cracking (after all they heard about my class last year).
I can't wait to play around and discover more ways I can incorporate this into learning programme. I am just waiting for some light bulb moment or lightning bolt of inspiration to set me off!
No comments:
Post a Comment