Monday, April 18

GAFE Summit - Day 1


Outline of the Day:
  • Keynote - Falling in Love with the Future
  • Breakout 1 - Genius Hour
  • Breakout 2 - Google Classroom Introduction and Best Practice
  • Breakout 3 - Assessment in the Digital Age
  • Breakout 4 - Creative Agency
  • Demo Slam





Highlights:

  • Took a tour of Hobsonville Point Secondary School at 7:30am when it was very quiet and empty
    • Was able to take some awesome pictures, check out the learning that is happening in the spaces and think about how we can transfer what is happening here to our ILC space.
  • The food and service of staff/helpers was phenomenal
    • Especially because I forgot my water bottle
  • Every session I went to was amazing - Which very rarely happens, normally I find some stuff it aimed to low and other stuff I am always using
  • I learnt lots of new tools, had time to play and explore, made new connections and reconnected with people I know from twitter and I consolidated lots of stuff that I am currently doing




Reflective Thinking

Google Classroom
  • Talk with Toni about using this for our ‘Chapter Chat’ group
  • Would be great to use this smaller number of students as a trial group
  • We can also use it to gain assessment and bring our option to the next level providing the teachers of the students with some quality feedback
  • Once we get the hang of using it with our Chapter Chat group we can begin to use this with our class
    • Setting assignments, using it as exit slips and entry slips
    • Can we link it into Evernote?

Genius Hour
  • Use the design thinking model as the beginning of this session (Ideation)

Assessment in the Digital Age
  • Flubaroo
  • Doctopus
  • Edpuzzle
  • Google Feud
  • Quizizz
    • Love this one - so much quieter and more engaging than Kahoot. Want to try this out
  • Pear Deck
  • Docentedu

Creative Agency
  • An insane amount of tools shared - very exciting!
  • Looking forward to having some play time to check these out.
  • Give students time to explore chrome extensions and see what they find




To Do:
  • Flick through the Genius Hour resources
    • Might be able to find a quality model to share with students
    • Make a resource about the 4 main ideas/thinkings for a successful Genius Hour session
  • Create a Quizizz
  • Create a peardeck
    • Both of these could be used during an E-Learning workshop on exit slips/assessment
  • Add all today’s tools to Only 2 Clicks  



No comments:

Post a Comment