Google forms is awesome. There are so many uses for it. I am currently using it as a weekly quiz on our class blog, as a way find out how my kids are doing and as reading comprehension for books during our guided reading rotation.
At the GAFE New Zealand Summit one of the keynote speakers explained how student's writing and completing these forms on the computer takes away that face time It allows them to open up because they aren't having speak to a real person. They are digital natives, which unfortunately is why there is so much cyber bullying, our students feel safer to share ideas and express themselves behind a computer screen.
I love Google Forms because it is quick and easy. I create the questions and then I can embed it on our class blog or email it to all my students. The students love it because they can reply anonymously. For some of my lower students they feel less pressured to worry about their spelling and feel confident in sharing their ideas. Once a Google Form is created you can access it from your Google Drive and it displays all the results in spreadsheet form (a collation of data).
I also found an informative blog post on other ways to utilise Google Drive to its full potential - CLICK ME
Here are some examples of the ways I have used them:
No comments:
Post a Comment