Professional sharing is at its best once again. Monique and I both started at Mokoia Intermediate at the same time. I am very fortunate to share the beginning teacher journey with someone else and be able to bounce ideas back and forth and round and round. Even though we are in a small school we seem to never even have a chance or the time to sit down and share what we are doing.
Monique was kind enough to offer to teach me how to make sushi (my favourite!) and in turn I shared with her my blog and resources I am using in my classroom. I was able to get some awesome ideas from Monique (maths certificates and challenges + daily paragraph challenges). I shared with Monique my vast collection of resources (so many we ran out of USB sticks and had to resort to a hard drive) and my classroom blog, PRT blog and my evidence of learning blogs.
It was so nice to be in a relaxed environment with all the time in the world to chat and reflect. We shared behaviour strategies, maths strategies, engaging lesson ideas and just had a good general catch up on how we have found everything over the last year and a half and what are next steps and goals are.

No comments:
Post a Comment