Today I had a whole days release. Normally I would use this time for testing, however last week half my class were out at a sports exchange in Taranaki and are still very tired. I realised that today would be a pointless day to test because I wouldn't be getting true results of where they are at.
I decided that I was going to have my own professional development day!
This was very exciting, I got the ULearn breakouts out and began looking and highlighting what interests me, as I was doing this I found a few programmes, apps and tools that I hadn't heard of. I then began to explore all of these.
I looked at the following tools:
- Booktrack Classroom
- Nearpod
- Adobe Voice (App)
- Google sites
- Pond
Booktrack - This website is a great concept.
I wanted to be able to use it with my current novel study, I didn't realize you have to have all the text typed out. I think it would be best used with a story they kids have written themselves. They can then use booktrack to set the mood for their story and include sound effects.
Nearpod - I need more time with this site.
I want to have a play when my class is in the room because it looks as though there is a lot of interaction. I like the concept of it. I would like to observe someone using it effectively.
Adobe Voice - A definite winner!!
Loved this. I played on it for 15 minutes, it was simple and effective. I made a quick PSA on social media and the current trend of having 1000+ friends.
I love this because I know all students in my class would have success with this app and its free!
Google Sites - I have heard of and I know a lot of people that use them.
I decided to have play and create my own. I want to create one that is for my class to log on to and get extra support through a range of rich tasks.
Pond - I had been meaning to log on to this when I received the 'Pioneer Educator' package a few months back, today I had the time to look at the content on the site and add my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment