Tuesday, September 3

How do I feel about the VLN?


How do you feel about the VLN?

After many months of +Annemarie Hyde telling me how amazing it is I have decided to join.
I am apprehensive of the fact that I struggle to keep up with Twitter (I go from super inspired and active to non existent and back again).

I can't believe I haven't joined up sooner, I mean who wouldn't want free PD online, anytime and anywhere? The best part is it is all NZ based help, resourcing and learning. I can subscribe to what I want or need and comment and contribute at my leisure  If I really want I can simply read and hitchhike from other peoples ideas.

The downside of this is over time my email becomes clogged because I can't keep up with all the posts. I do feel some what pressured to get my intellectual side out and make some philosophical or in depth posts about pedagogy and education (sometimes I feel its a bit of a battle in certain threads). Instead I try to make posts on areas I feel are strengths.

I made my first post:


I am still having to actively engage myself in the VLN. A lot of the time I just go in read, I don't really know how to share my ideas in written form that make sense to others. I think as I develop my leadership side more I will be involved in more active sharing.

Does anyone have any threads that they like to follow?
Share them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment